WANTED:TR3 Handbrake Lever

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: WANTED:TR3 Handbrake Lever
From: jerry@tr2.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1993 21:39:42 +0000 (GMT)
  ...Because mine just broke!

   It happened when I had the car towed.  When I got up on
the flatbed to set the parking brake, it wouldn't *click*.
It _had_ to be because of the tow ( Post Hoc Ergo Proctor
Hoc, right? ), but I couldn't figure out how.

   Well, today I finally got around to seeing what was wrong.
Apparently, down there where the brake lever folds over and
meets the ratchet, a reinforcing weld had broken.  And the
lever had started to distort, what with Jerry hauling on it
all the time.  The distortion had gotten to where the ratchet
pawl just stuck in its housing.  So, no ratchet.

  So now I'm looking for a brake lever.  Anything Tr2-tr3b
will do.  And if I can't find one, I'll get my torch out and
fix this one.  Never a dull moment!

                                     - Jerry
---
* Jerry Kaidor       jerry@tr2.com, jkaidor@synoptics.com     *
*                    KF6VB                                    *