Forward: Re: TR4a parts for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Forward: Re: TR4a parts for sale
From: montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 93 22:22:49 EDT
Since I forwarded the original note about the TR4a parts for sale, I felt
like I ought to forward this response that was also posted to
rec.autos.antique.

Skip (montanaro@crd.ge.com)

   Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 12:20:31 EDT
   From: Steve Connolley <SJC4@psuvm.psu.edu>
   Newsgroups: rec.autos.antique

   In article <1993Sep13.141303.29866@ecdcsvr.tredydev.unisys.com>,
   rmarks@ecdcsvr.tredydev.unisys.com (Richard Marks) says:

   >I have lots of very good condition Triumph TR4/4a parts for sale cheap.
   >I sold the car, and would like to sell the parts.
   >
   >I have 3 transmissions (2 good) (not OD).  1 head. several rear half
   >shaft assemblies.  A 2 cubic foot box full of SU pieces. A box of
   >front and rear hubs, bearings, and seals. A box of electrical parts
   >including a distributer, rear lights, misc plugs, connectors, etc.
   >3 starters (unknown condition). A box of pistons and rods (mixture of
   >86 and 87mm). Another box of misc engine parts. A seat, a steering
   >shaft and wheel.
   >
   >I have too much to price each part, but please call, all is cheap.
   >I live in Bryn Mawr, PA.
   >
   >Richard Marks
   >(215) 525-8993 home till 12 midnight

   BE CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THIS GUY!!  HE HAS LITTLE OR NO
   PERSONAL INTEGRITY!

   He mentions in his latest post that he has already sold his TR4a.  I
   called him when he originally posted the car for sale, made an agreement
   to purchase the car, and made an appointment to conclude the deal.  I then
   made a _4 HOUR_ drive to his home, arrived EXACTLY on time, and found that
   he had already sold the car only 20 minutes earlier to someone else.

   At first, when he told me it was sold, I thought he was kidding.  But, when
   I started to protest and point out that we had made an agreement, his only
   comment was "The other guy had cash with him... money talks."

   Unless you REALLY need the parts, stay away from this jerk.

   Steve Connolley
   sjc4@psuvm.psu.edu
   (717) 568-8310