RE: Jensen Healey V8

To: rbt@itc.Kodak.COM
Subject: RE: Jensen Healey V8
From: timp@key.amdahl.com (Tim Pettenati)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 10:49:23 PDT
> Bob Tufts writes,
>I can't tell from the context of your post whether your JH already has a V8,
>or you're just planning to dump the 907.

I already have a fully functional 73 JH with the stock 907 still in place.
The V8 conversion I'm thinking of doing is on a second JH I have which is
currently serving as a parts car, but is still mostly complete.

I have 2 rebuildable 907s , one very rough and one only needing a refurbished
head.  But for the second JH I wanted to do something different. At one time I
had the intentions of turning it into a race car,  but recent economic changes
have put that dream on hold.  So far I've contemplated electric power, rotary
 power, and the Rover V8.  The Rover V8 is the leading candidate at this time.

Building more horsepower isn't my primary goal,  but when it comes around to
rebuild time on my stock JH, I'll probably be looking for a mild boost.  A
friend and fellow JH owner is currently in the process of installing a 907
which has the 2.2 conversion, Dellorto's, porting, polishing, etc..  This
engine put out 230 hp on the dyno.  It should be some fun in a 2000 lb. LBC.

After a thrill ride in this car, I'll probably want one ;^)