Job blues

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Job blues
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1993 16:25:30 -0400
        Well I got the big news from NASA last night.  My
funding was cut.  Actually, They just cut the whole program I
was working under.  Seems hypersonic propulsion isn't vogue
these days.  Sooo, I might have to make some serious life
decisions in the next few months.

        On the plus side, I should be able to pick up some
other funding pretty easily.  On the minus side, I need to
consider other options like selling things very near and dear
to me.  You know the old story, plan for the worst and hope for
the best...

        If my little world should completely fall apart I would
offer for sale <in this order>:

        trailer (tandem axle, brakes)  750.00

        Spitfire/GT6 conversion - Be the first one on your
block to own a (my!) BRG, tan houndstooth interior, convertible
GT6.  Factory hardtop, tonneau, restored frame and suspension,
fresh paint, rust free.  Lots of fun extras like a new set of
panasports with spanking new yokos and a TR6 block for stroking
the GT6 engine.  I don't even want to think how much I've got
tied up in that car, but a rude reality check says I'd be
very lucky to get 4000.00 for it.

        My truck - ford bronco which you all don't care about

        1967 Austin Healey BJ8.  Just getting to the reassembly
stage.  I completely disassembled the car and bought a rust
free California frame.  By the time I have to sell it, I'll
have it painted (Healey blue w/ white insets) and have restored/
reassembled the suspension.  If someone wanted to,
they could throw the engine and interior back in it and drive
it away.  I'd like to see the restoration finished.  10,000
and thats a hell of a deal.  I budgeted a total of 12,000 to
finish the restoration.

        The reason I'm bringing this to your attention is that
it might take some time to sell these things.  If you are
interetested, I'll know by December if I have to sell.  I
would have to be pretty desperate before you could wrench the
Healey out of me :-)

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

P.S.  Its a strange sense of freedom - losing your job