Re: A few MGB questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A few MGB questions
From: Rey Barry <rbarry@hopper.acs.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1993 21:58:30 -0500 (EDT)
A couple of questions on '75 MGBs....

For everyday running, does it pay to switch to breaker-less electronic
ignition?  TRF has a unit for $108.  If I make the change, is a new
coil called for, or will the Lucas suffice?  How about new plug leads?
TRF has them in copper.

One of the front shocks behaves like it's out of oil and I haven't
replenished it yet.  If it proves to have a leak, can the seals be
replaced?  The other shock is fine so there's no call to buy a pair.
Is there a recognized average-mileage-before-failure with MGB shocks?

If one doesn't go with the official rear tailpipe hanger @ $33, is
there a recommended universal replacement?

Anyone have a Lucas 1975 NON-illuminated heater blower switch to sell?

--
--
With no other tyrant man must create his own tyranny over man. Sayonara,