Z-S Carb Transplants

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Z-S Carb Transplants
From: Anthony F Debella <mgdriver@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 18:02:27 -0400
It seems that my 75 MGB (no Cat. converter) was the "lucky" recipient of a
carburetter from a TR7.  My carb is stamped Z-S 175 CD-2, yet retains the tag
numbered 3824.  Consequently, when I rebuilt the carb to the "proper" specs,
the car wouldn't start.  After over a year of fiddling, I've eliminated
timing, exhaust, points, cyl head, plugs, and the Low Tension stuff as possible
problems.
Has anyone put the CD-2 into an MGB?  My local LBC parts dealer says he sold
hundreds of them, so someone must be out there with the data I need, which are:
Float Height
Proper Needle, (Moss says the 45-G will work)
Anything "special" about the conversion

My LBC parts supplier needs some coaxing to look in a trailer of British Parts
He's sold some to Moss, but still has a lot more.  If I can find customers that
need parts that may be SOL or more expensive elsewhere, he may invest the time
to finally catalog the parts in the trailer, and we may get some good deals
on some much needed parts.  Mail me any wish lists for MGB and Midget, and
TR6, TR7, and the Spit's.  I'm heading there next Wed. night, the 8th and will
check my mail before I leave.

Anthony DeBella
JHU Mechanical Engineering 1996