Re: Car Wax

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Wax
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 01 Sep 1993 11:25:39 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

Here's my feelings on car wax.

Use a polish like Maguires. Note, Maguires and the others have "non-abrasive"
polishes. I don't know the chemistry behind them, but they do a great job
prepping the surface.

After the polish, use a good Carnuba wax. Again, I have been using Maguires
because that's what I have (got a Maguires kit a a freebie at the Stowe VT show
a couple of years ago.

Now, I prefer carnuba wax because it gives more depth to the finish. Plus it
lasts! Also, regular wax removers will work if I get in an accident and I have
to repaint. As testimony to lasting, I waxed my car back in late April, early
May, and the the finish still works great after several washings and a bunch of
miles (like several NH journeys, The TRF party, Bowie MD and several local
shows.)

Other finish products to Maguires are "California Gold" and "Mothers". There is
also the "Wax Shop" line of products.

Stay away from the one-step finishes. They last, but they don't look as good as
the multi-step finishes in my opinion.

Bye,
rml
MIT Computer Services