Re: British Engineering Triumph-ant...

To: kerch@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: British Engineering Triumph-ant...
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 14:27:56 PDT
He's got the right idea, but some of the dates wrong - sfisher will
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Skinner brothers fashioned
their first carburetter from a leather sack just after WWI.

And I know that the Morris Minor, which was designed starting in 1942
or 43, has rack and pinion steering, which is much earlier than the TR
sports cars had them (the earlier roadsters all seem to have used screw
and nut or cam and roller steering).

(The Morris Minor, staid as it may seem, was the source of running gear
for an awful lot of cars, including the Spridget family...)