Concours in the Santa Cruz Mountains

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Concours in the Santa Cruz Mountains
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 23:55:39 pdt
Thumbing through last months ACtion (ACOC newsletter) I came across an
article about the Concours d'Elegance held last August at Highland Park
in Ben Lomond, California.  For the past three years this is the only
publication I've even seen mention of this event and it's always been
after the fact.  It's seems odd to only find out about an annual car
event right in my own back yard by reading about it in a newsletter
published England.  This year I know the date of the next one so I at
least have a shot at attending.

Last year's featured marque was Mercedes Benz and apparently there were
a number of nice 300SL on display.  There were also three Cobras (2 427s
and a 289), an AC Ace Bristol and a number of other British cars.  This
year's featured marque will be Chevrolet but the author of the article,
Ace Bristol owner Charlie Wise, is trying to organize another showing of
as many AC cars as possible, which will most likely include some Cobras.
And there's bound to be a good showing of other Brit cars as well.  Last
year's event included wine and microbrewery tasting from various local
establishments so I suspect this will be repeated this year.

The date of this year's Concours is Sunday, August 15 and the location
is the same, i.e., Highland Park in Ben Lomond.  I couldn't find any
mention of cost but I do know that the proceeds go to local charities.
For more information contact:

    Charlie Wise
    820 Middleton Drive
    Boulder Creek, CA 95006