Jag MKII Tranny

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag MKII Tranny
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1993 9:03:43 -0400 (EDT)
As I recall from my MKIIs, one auto and one manual, the shifters are in
different locations.  The auto is column mounted and the manual is floor
mounted.  This means there is no quick and easy way to go to a manual box
without some interior work.  I wouldn't want to redo the center console for
that, but I have a choice :-)  Before this sounds too bad (owning a pair of
MKIIs) both of these cars are a mess.  One has a soft (rusty) frame and will be
little more than a parts car.  Given I paid $2500 for the pair, I still am not
sure if it was a deal or not.  They are both sitting, neglected in the corner
of my garage.  If you think our lbcs take time and money, try 100+ year old
houses that were broken into four apartments :-(  Once the house is done, the
Jags become top priority.  Unless vintage racing bites even worse than it
already has :-)  And yes, I have seen the racing MKII from Terry's Jaguar of
Chicago(?)  Four doors and it keeps up with the best of them.  It is a hoot to
see going through the corners.
MAD