TR-6 oil pressure - 3 questions

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR-6 oil pressure - 3 questions
From: gdk@thumper.bellcore.com (Gabor Kiss)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 13:32:02 EDT
I recently changed the oil filter and have noticed a sudden drop in
oil pressure when hot. It's now around 30 PSI @2000 and 45 PSI @3000

1) Is it possible for the filter itself to affect oil pressure? Is the
pressure tap upstream or downstream from the filter?

2) How much difference could I expect going from 10-40 to 20-50 oil
(is it worth draining out the oil that's in now)?

3) (OK that's 3 questions) is this a worrisomely low oil pressure or
not?

                                        Gabor