Bowie

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bowie
From: paulg@cme.nist.gov (Paul Gilders)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 93 11:49:12 EDT
Ok, all you east coasters! Probably the biggest British Car event on
the eastern side of this vast and barron land (slightly biased) is
happening at a place of lush green pasture and pond life (make sure
your handbrake is on) this Sunday (27th June) - yes, Bowie MD!

Anyway, I know there are a bunch of people hoping to attend this
event, so I'm going to propose that we meet up. I think Scotty and I
will be parked together, so look out for one white TR6 and a red TR6
(with pristine wheels and new tyres) in the main show. We will be
displaying the "SOL" emblem on our windscreens (Union Jack, spanner,
etc...) to make our vehicles stand out from the crowd (not normally a
problem). Hopefully, this time, my car will not be jacked up! Since I
know some people will get there later and some will be there early,
I'm going to suggest 2 times for meeting up at our cars - firstly at
11.00am and later on at 2.00pm. If both of these times are unsuitable
to anybody, please let me know, and I might be able to re-arrange the
schedule.

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, here are some simple
directions (courtesy of Dean, and I take no responsibility.....):

1. From the Eastern portion of the wonderful Beltway take Rt. 50 East
   (about 4-5 miles I think)
2. Then take Rt 197 South (maybe 3 miles)
3. Turn right on Alan Pond Rd.

Actually last year getting there proved to be far more fun just
following other LBC's wandering aimlessly about the region. I think we
had a line of 5 bleating two-seaters turn around at a dead end road,
when the elected "leader" was unable to home in on the rest of the
flock. Anyway, I'm sure it will be well signposted as well.

So hopefully we'll see a few people there.

Paul.