midget 1500 cooling system

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: midget 1500 cooling system
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 93 11:22:53 EDT
|Date: 6-20-93  11:18am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: midget 1500 cooling system
    I finally had a chance to test out my midgets uprated cooling
system.  Recently, I added a 10" Imperial cooling fan to my '76 midget.
The head had cracked on the PO from overheating, so I've been very
paranoid about it happening again.
    So, I took the midget to the Jimmy Buffet concert last night and it
only took an hour of sitting in trqffic to get in.  It sat in traffic in
95 degree heat with about 90% humidity for an hour and stayed right
around 190 degrees.  I was very impressed and very relieved.  If I would
have know that I was going to sit that long, I wouldn't have even taken
the car, but now that it has proven itself, I won't hesitate to take it
someplace where I might get stuck in traffic.  BTW, I also have a 160
degree thermostat.

   Later,
      Dean