Report on the cars at Kane Motorcars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Report on the cars at Kane Motorcars
From: "Josh A. Kablotsky" <joshua.kablotsky@analog.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 93 11:33:50 EDT
Maybe you remember the post last week of a copy of an ad for a whole
bunch of lbc's, some with attractive prices.  On Saturday I took my
'73B from Newport, RI across the Newport and Verazanno bridges to
North Kingstown to visit Kane Motorcars.  At least it was a nice day
for a ride.

Kane Motorcars shares a store-front with Kane's Gun Shop, neither of
which had anyone present.  I suspect the gun shop had a better
selection than the automotive.  There was a small lot surrounded by a
10'high chain-link and barbed wire fence.  Outside the fence was a
rotted-out shell from a older ('50s?) Jaguar saloon.  The only british
car clearly visible inside the fence was an MGB ($800) in rough
shape.  Although the ad said '65, the car wore rubber bumpers.  I
couldn't see much of it, but there was a distinctive Jag XKE nose
sticking out from a row of rusting out domestics.  There was something
with a light-green paint job under a tarp buried in there, too -- I
don't know what.  Other than that, a few early Datsun's, and a late
Saab and BMW or two.

It was a nice day for a ride, though, and I drove down to Point Judith
in Galilee and around Great Island.  On the way back I stopped for
Chowder and Cakes at Aunt Carrie's, which I strongly recommend.

Although Kane didn't have much, it was a good excuse for a afternoon
trip.

-Josh Kablotsky