Nylatron vs Urethane bushes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Nylatron vs Urethane bushes
From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1993 10:59:05 -0700 (MST)
This message is primarily aimed at Josh:         EX
Most the following I got from the Triumph Tune performance book and from
Mark Sayer of performance enginering.  TT says these bushes are only needed
when MAXIMUN conrol is required for competition.  You must be careful when
tightening the bolts as these bushes are rock solid and DO NOT give so
you must regularly check the bolts to see if they are tight enough.  Also
the bushes can break apart, again check regularly.  So you also get a less
comfortable ride.  Mark Sayer says:  the bushes are better as they do not
flex at all, lubricate themselves, and last almost forever.  BUT Mark alway
is an advocate of the out and out racing equipment.  This is what I think:
Urethane is less flexible than rubber, it is virtually unaffected by most
solvents and road garbage, will last longer.  So for me it will give
better control, still be comfortable, require less maintainance.
Ok??  Cheers Dennis