Re: Think Tank

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
Subject: Re: Think Tank
From: miq@wv.MENTORG.COM (Miq Millman)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 93 15:45:31 PDT
Roland Dudley says:

> sure what kind of paint to use.  I suppose I could use Imron.  It's
> difficult to find decent paint in a spray can anywhere in California
> these days.  So, whatever I decide on, I'll most likely have to use my

Up here in the green zone, Pacific Northwest, I can still get good paint in
spray cans.  The local Ace Hardware store even sells a Hammerite spray that
has a finish similar to old barbeques.  It comes in a number of colors,
including semi-chrome, whoch would look pretty neat on the tank I'd think.
Prices were around $2.75 a can.  I think that if you are interested, there
are a couple of folks making the PDX to SJC connection via auto in the next
few weeks.....

> The insides is another matter.  Maybe I'll try removing some more of the
> crud.  One method I've heard suggested is to dump a can of small nuts
> and bolts inside the tank (or perhaps small diameter gravel) and roll
> the tank around and let this loose stuff knock the worst of the rust and
> crud loose.  I'm going to scrutinize the inside as best I can this
> weekend.  Maybe this won't be necessary.
>
> Roland

Reminds me of the method I heard an old Harley motorcycle jock used to clean
the carbon out of his engines:  he'd pull out the spark plug and drop in a BB
or two, then start the engine back up.  Apparently, the BB would clean off
all the carbon deposits....as well as give a neat mini-ball peen effect to
the inside of the combustion chamber.

Kidz!  Don't do this at home......

--

Miq Millman       miq@wv.mentorg.com         miq_millman@rainbow.mentorg.com
Mentor Graphics 8005 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville OR 97070  503 685 1492   C2148