Re: gas tanks and earthquakes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas tanks and earthquakes
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 93 16:32:32 EDT
|Date: 6-7-93  4:31pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: Re: gas tanks and earthquakes
   Condolences on the near death experience of your gas tank Roland.
I gave up a long time ago trying to get decent service when you can't
watch every single thing the guys are doing.
   As for sealing.  I used the popular three part process (Kreem) on a
rusty motorcycle tank and it worked beautifully.  You'd probably need
two of the small (only?) size kits.  I bought my kit at a motorcycle
shop for $29.99 (same price as J.C. Whitney!).  It was simple to use and
effective.  Good value for the dollar.  The best part is, you don't have
to TRUST anyone else to mess it up except yourself.

   Good Luck,
     Dean