TR7 rubber window channel thingies/ choke cable bracket

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 rubber window channel thingies/ choke cable bracket
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1993 16:49:53 -0400
Joe Gorin wrote:

> The problem just started with
> the right door after an operation in which I changed the adjustment to
> the window glass positioning by changing the position of the rear
> channel through which the glass slides.

The glass rattles around in the left door, anyway, so that may be it.
I'll tell you if there's any improvement when I fix whatever's
wrong inside the door.

> The rubber thingie has a feature that looks like it is intended to hold
> a rivet, but there is no place in the door for said rivet.  It looks to
> me like another poor design.

I was wondering about that. I thought about sticking a short, thick screw
in there to wedge it into the channel. If fixing the door internals doesn't
help, this will be my next step.

Does anyone have a spare bracket that attaches the manual choke cable to
the dashboard? This U.S. car, formerly with an automatic choke, now has a
Canadian engine with the manual choke, and the cable is just dangling on
the floor. Brits and Pieces (TRF) says that the brackets are no longer
available. I found a piece of 1/16 in. aluminum that I can use as a cluge
until I scan the salvage yards, but if anyone knows where I can find one,
I'd be most grateful.

Jody.P.Levine@hydro.on.ca - Toronto, Canada - 79 TR7 Drophead