Point of no return ???

To: british-cars@hoosier (For posting news to british group)
Subject: Point of no return ???
From: Bob "Mr Optimistic" Deasy <deasy@sequent.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 93 9:51:17 PDT
I have been lurking on the list for about a year now and
felt it time to speak.  I am rebuilding a 73 MGBGT, made the
error of falling in love with the car before I checked it out,
and have reached what appears to a be a critical mass point.

All the mechanicals are rebuilt or replaced; rotors, shoes,
shocks, bushings, battery, windshield, new tyres, etc. and now the body
needs attention.

I do not have the expertise nor the tools to do the swork required.
Here is a short list of the repairs: The passenger side inner, outer and
center sill members are "powdered" toast, the hood only closes with the grill
removed, the floor boards are pretty sorry and yes the paint is, in a word,
yeech. Figured that after the body and paint work gets done I would replace
the original interior, yes the dash is cracked.

The list has been invaluable in helping me accomplish the work above
and there are still items to complete.  Next plan is to repair the
float in the fuel sending unit.  What was that epoxy to seal the "drain"
hole called ?

I have been told that paint runs from 3K to 6K and the body work
is around 2K, so now it just save up the funds and get it done right,
I think.

Just file me away as too much the "optimist."    :-)

--
        A conclusion is the place where you got tired thinking.

                                        -Martin H. Fischer