Thanks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks
From: brown%saturn@sdsu.edu (Kevin Brown)
Date: Sun, 9 May 93 23:47:47 PDT
This is an update on my TR6 brake master cylinder -- it works!
I posted a few weeks ago to ask everyone's advice about my leaking
master cylinder -- Lots of recommendations and warnings.  But I
decided to try rebuilding it (Thanks to Kevin Riggs for the
encouragement).  I thought I had a better chance because my master
cylinder was steel rather than the aluminum that everyone had
trouble with.

        After buying a hone, 1/2" allen wrench, brake fluid, liquid
wrench, brake cleaner, more brake fluid (all on separate trips to
the store mind you), I got the cylinder honed out and cleaned up.
One more trip to get the rebuild kit and I had it back in my car and
was bleeding the brakes all day Saturday.  Only 1 mishap, the jack
handle broke while the car was still partially jacked up.  Thank God
my wife (and her car) were home so I could use hers.

        Anyway, I was driving it by Saturday night and no leaks so far!
Thanks to Paul Gilders, Roland Dudley, and everyone else who responded but
especially to Kevin Riggs who coached me through the whole thing.

Kevin Brown                             San Diego State University
                                        brown@saturn.sdsu.edu