Re: Saw the "E"

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Saw the "E"
From: Dangerous Dan <CSCON115@uoft02.utoledo.edu>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1993 20:23:16 -0500 (EST)

> Got to see that 1962 XKE.
> Turns out it's a two seater coupe.

------------ I have a 2+2, this is a 2 seat coupe with a
             "Backseat" that can possably hold a hamster.

------------------- ~ 65-75 $ (Welsh Jag)

------------------ ??

------------------ 500-800 $  (If I rember correctly)

------------------ (Pull the dent ;-) )

>                headlamp covers are missing

------------------ (250 $ each (Welsh Jag) Without the chrome retaining
                   rings)

>                clutch hydraulics blown

------------------ If i rember correctly this is not that expensive
                   (in comparison to other things

------------------ call G W Bartlette (interrior)

------------------ (250$ each new)

>   It's a 3.8 litre four-speed.  It was all I could do to get out of it-
>   what a glorious view!!

------------------ looking down the nose of an E is the best view
                   that anyone can sEE

----------------- Very importaint (glass is very hard and $$ to get ahold of)

>               bonnet has minor damage, but okay

----------------- This is one of the most importaint parts to look for!
                  If it is good concider yourself LUCKY!

----------------- Everyone on the Net is too  ;-)

> I would take a lot of work.  I may still try to get it.  The owner isn't
> sure he wants to sell it, but probably will.

----------------- Jags are great (this is my unbiased opinion of course)
                  at 3k, I would go for it.  (of course i paid more for
                  about the same!  ;-)

> Keith
>
> kmwheeler@ualr.edu
> senior, computer engineering technology
>
> "I really *need* a car that will go 150 MPH"

                                  DANGEROUS DAN WEDDING

* .... (that cat) streched out a lazy claw and spiked a young onlooker in   *
*  his tracks.  It was too easy.  The great cat yawned and looked away.     *
*  - Car and Driver, (June 1990) : Jaguar's Glorious E-Type                 *
*             1966  E-Type Jaguar  Series I  (2+2)  4.2L  Triple SU         *
*             Internet address:    IN%"CSCON115@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU"         *