I saw the XKE today

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: I saw the XKE today
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Sat, 08 May 1993 18:51:34 EDT
Got to see that 1962 XKE.
Turns out it's a two seater coupe.

   Problems:   rusty sills
               rusty floor
               right rear fender damaged- needs rplacing
               left rear fender dinged
               headlamp covers are missing
               clutch hydraulics blown
               cosmetics
               needs new wire wheels (not the worst I've seen)

  It's a 3.8 litre four-speed.  It was all I could do to get out of it-
  what a glorious view!!

   The good side:
              engine looks like it would run (car was parked to restore,
                                              not because of any mechanical
                                              problems)
              practically complete car (even has spare gauges)
              pistons in SU's (BIG SU's) move freely
              front frames are unbent and not rusted
              glass is okay
              bonnet has minor damage, but okay
              doors look good, open and close easily

 I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a convertible.
I would take a lot of work.  I may still try to get it.  The owner isn't
sure he wants to sell it, but probably will.

Keith

kmwheeler@ualr.edu
senior, computer engineering technology

"I really *need* a car that will go 150 MPH"