FREE Jaguar 3.4L Motor

To: jag-lovers@wapsy.psy.uwa.oz.au, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: FREE Jaguar 3.4L Motor
From: border@nas.nasa.gov (Ryan A. Border)
Date: Fri, 7 May 93 09:41:41 -0700
Well, Sort of... here's the deal.

My parts car contains said motor.  It is a 1959 Mark 1.  The most
important missing part(s) are the camshafts and rockers.  It's also
missing some accessories (like carburators) and the oil pump.  Basically
a 3.4L block, crank, pistons, oil-pan, heads (minus camshafts), aluminum
cam covers (need polished for sure, might need replacement- I haven't tried
cleaning them).   The motor is full of oil, which I take to be a good
sign, but I've never seen it run (I've only owned the car a few weeks).

The PO assured me that it was driven to it's final resting place, where it
sat for the last 15 years...

If you want it, I might be inclined to throw in the auto tranny too.

I live in a duplex, with little storage, and don't have room for a dead car.
When I bought the car, I needed a place "right away" and rented a parking
spot at a self-storage place.  It's kind of expensive.  All I'm looking
for in exchange for this motor is an 'indefinite' place to store & disassemble
my car that's reasonably close to where I live in Mountain View, CA.  Actually,
I can't imagine it taking more than a year to get everything I want off it.
To 'seal' the deal, if you've got a trailer and a come-a-long and can get the
car there that would be a big bonus...  You get to pull the motor yourself,
but I can probably lend a hand.

All offers welcome.  Somebody out there must have space in an old barn and a
use for this motor...  I've got until the end of May to find a place- or I
get to pay another months rent :-(.

I imagine this motor would really make a TR6 go zoom :-).
* Ryan A. Border               border@nas.nasa.gov,   border@craywr.cray.com  *
* Cray Research Inc., On Site Applications Analyst 415-604-4633  o__ o__      *
* Numerical Aerodynamic Simulator, NASA Ames Research Center    _.>/-.>/'_    *
* Never trust someone who can count to 1023 on their fingers.  ( ) \---\(*)...*