Mailer shuffles

To: autox@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Mailer shuffles
From: mjb@triumph (Mark J Bradakis)
Date: Tue, 4 May 93 22:12:37 -0600
If you are lucky, you won't notice a thing, this message will be your only
clue.  Otherwise, you'll be beset by a raft of errors trying to mail to the
list. You see, the host upon which these lists reside moved to a different
subnet, some routing shuffles ensued and so on.  Hopefully the state of the
art in name service will keep the problems to a minimum, but if you do get
bounced mail from any notes you submit, be patient, things will get better.
Before you resubmit your rantings, make sure the bounce comes from the list
host itself, and not just some yokel who turned off some list destination
machine for the evening.  Of course, with some headers it is hard to tell!

This is also a good time to remind you that direct mail reference to the host
hoosier.cs.utah.edu should be replaced by the host autox.team.net, assuming
it works for your site.  If not, wail on your adminstrator.  If you don't have
a site administrator, well, gee, maybe I should dust off my resume....

For access to the ftp stuff, the new address for hoosier.cs.utah.edu is now
155.99.208.5, and the mapping from hostname to IP address should propagate out
to various name servers in the next few hours.  We'll see how it all shakes
out.  I'll try to do my part and not only catch up on -request mail, but keep
an eye on things in general.

mjb.