Re: Some 1500 midget questions - answered

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Some 1500 midget questions - answered
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Tue, 04 May 93 11:01:02 EDT
|Date: 5-4-93  10:51am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: Re: Some 1500 midget questions - answered
   Yesterday, I replaced the 180 degree thermostat with a 160 degree one
and now the car is much much happier.  Also, I was trying to figure out
a way to get fresh air down to my feet.  I was going to run some plastic
tubing through a hole (not there yet of course) in the firwall.
Instead, I just bypassed the heater core and now I have fresh air vents
instead of heater vents.  Earlier in the year. I went to open my heater
valve and it started leaking.  I really didn'y feel like spending $50 on
it, so I bypassed it.  So I guess no harm, no foul, I'll hook up the
heater core again in November.
    My next great idea is to take off the water pump driven fan and put
in a 10" electric fan in front of the radiator.  I figure this should be
good for at least 5 bhp.  Plus, I think it would cut down on extra wear
to the water pump spindle.

   Dean