Re : Tilly (my TR6) died...

To: british-cars@hoosier (british cars list server)
Subject: Re : Tilly (my TR6) died...
From: Ben Hodson <hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 93 8:23:09 BST
My money is on some crud from the dregs in the fuel tank being stuck
somewhere in the carbs/fuel line.  About 18 months ago I had the same problem
with my (now departed) spitfire.  I ran out of fuel, put in the spare
can I carried in the boot and cranked her up.  After about a minute
the engine ran but well rough.  After checking that fuel was getting to
carbs I started on the ignition systems.  In the end taking the carbs
apart and cleaning them worked wonders.

Best of luck.......

--
|   Ben Hodson,            |   Email : hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk       |
|   Philips Research Labs, |   Tel : 0293 785544 ext 5750              |