Subject: RE: MGB roadster vs. convert (S - Reply

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: RE: MGB roadster vs. convert (S - Reply
From: <sadler@law.indiana.edu> (Will Sadler )
Date: Thu Dec 31 10:24:19 1992
I'm not sure that "roadster" or "convertible" can be consistently
applied to any vehicle or make.  Another example of this kind of
inconsistency is in teh difference between a "sports car" and a "tourer."
My MGC, for instance, is never described in the literature
as a "sports car" (though it is called a convertible.)
Presumably the reason for this was that they designed the car as a "tourer",
i.e., something that can get two people and their luggage from point A to
point B on the open highways of America or the Continent.  A "sports car"
would probably not fit this definition, but, rather, be described as something
that can "get you around town" in a sporty fashion.  So MGBs are sports
cars and MGCs are tourers, yet both are convertibles and look almost
exactly alike.  The real differences are in the engineering.

Will