Re: WANTED SET OF JUGS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WANTED SET OF JUGS
From: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1992 08:43:02 -0800
(Sorry to bounce this to the entire list, but it seems that Lou is on an
 unregistered host, so my reply directly to him was bounced by uunet.)

Hello Lou,

I happen to have a used set of cylinder liners out of a '62 TR3A/TR4 engine.
They are the standard liners (86 mm) I believe.  You are welcome to have
them for the cost of shipping.  The only catch is: I don't know what your
definition of "good used" is.  These were taken out of a tired engine
by the previous owner of my parts car.  They also are liberally covered
with swarf, and are currently residing at the bottom of a large cardboard
box of spare TR parts out in my garage.  If you have interest in these,
I will dig them out and take a closer look at them for wear, taper, cracks,
etc. and let you know in more detail their condition.  I'm sure that they
probably need a good honing, at best.  If they need to be bored oversize,
well, then you will also need new pistons, but it's possible to do.
Jerry Kaidor (on the british-cars list) has recent experience in doing
this with his TR2 "Clankster".

   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington
USA
UUCP: pwv@tc.fluke.COM  or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv
ARPA: fluke!pwv@uw-beaver.ARPA
   (206) 356-5282 wk.