Re: British Cars Digest #665 Thu Dec 10 01:15:02 MST 1992

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #665 Thu Dec 10 01:15:02 MST 1992
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Thu Dec 10 08:44:44 1992
Re: the great wiring harness debate.

when I made up a wiring harness for my race mini last year, I used a
crimper for most joints...but I used a racheting crimping tool sold by
MCM Electronics in Ohio.  costs about $20, but makes very strong crimps.  they
also sell replaceable dies for the jaws. they also have pretty decent prices
on insulated spade connectors.  The quality of their connectors was better
than those I found at my local electronics store.

I soldered all connections on switches, and used liquid electrical tape for
insulation of all bare metal.  I had no electrical problems this season.

Jim