Paint Removal

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Paint Removal
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 92 15:43:01 PST
    TeriAnn--If you want paint removed easily, you might want to
    consider plastic media blasting.  This is similar to
    sandblasting, but it will not damage glass and plastic parts,
    so you don't have to strip your car to have it done. - Also,
    the plastic leaves a residue behind on the metal that keeps
    it from rusting, so you can wait almost indefinitely before
    priming.
  -Charles

    However for all the pluses of Plastic Blasting there is one
    very large downside, Plastic Blasting does not do a good job
    of cleaning up rust/rusty areas.  I have some items that were
    plastic blasted that I am going to now go and have dipped, as
    they were not totally rust free after blasting.

    greg_meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com