Re: Tiger/Alpine films

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger/Alpine films
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1992 09:55:20 CST
Bill McCormack (mccormac@qal.berkeley.edu) writes:
> Hmmm ... I wonder who now owns the Alpine that Sean Connery drove in
> "Dr. No"?  ... or the Tiger that Don Adams drove in "Get Smart"?

Assuming that Sean Connery's Alpine had British tags that weren't bogus
and made up for the movie, perhaps an enterprising British correspondent
to our group can track down the car (as they keep their plates for the
life of the car regardless of owner). Can you read the license plate in
the film?

Don Adams' Tiger was probably just rented for the day or week from a
California supplier. More than likely, unless it was specially built
with extra gadgetry, etc., it's long gone by now...

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473