Re: Winter storage

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winter storage
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1992 10:00:25 CST
Gerry (gerry@probe.att.com) writes:
> I NEVER will put my car up for winter storage again, I did this about 3 years
> ago and spent almost 1 week during spring time trying to get the car going
> again. The main problems were :
> [ a lot of nasties listed ]

I came across a little article in an issue of Car Collector a while back about
a new product that looked interesting. It was basically a rip-n-read press
release that appeared to have been printed verbatim, but nevertheless seemed
a good idea. Essentially some outfit manufactured really huge plastic bags
which you opened up and rolled the car into, then tossed in a couple of those
moisture-absorbent chemical packets and taped the bag shut. That's it. When
properly sealed, it kept moisture out, and sealed in odors of leather and
what-not that could appeal to rodents. Seemed like a neat trick to me. Anyone
out there tried it? Sorry, I forget the name of the company.

-- Andy