Solved: Spitfire Master Cylinder disassembly

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Solved: Spitfire Master Cylinder disassembly
From: "Eric Olson" <ERIC@chip.cba.ufl.edu>
Date: 27 Nov 92 11:16:51 EST
Many thanks to Roger Bolick and Jerry Kaidor for giving me the magic
trick that got the piston out of my clutch master cylinder.  I put it
in a bucket and poured boiling water over it, allowed it to heat for
a bit, then whacked it against a 4x4 block of wood... came partially
out, repeated the process, and voila!

I hope to have the clutch MC rebuilt this afternoon, then it's on to
the brake MC... thanks to MJB in advance for the magic clue to
disassembling the brake MC!

Happy motoring,

Eric

Eric Olson                                      eric@chip.cba.ufl.edu
Dir. Instructional & Research Computing      eeco@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu
UF College of Business Admin                      (904) 392-6869x1267