General input

To: autox@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: General input
From: Arlie Hart <ARHART@WSUHUB.UC.TWSU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1992 12:14 CST
I know, there is no reason for me to even consider this car, but.....

Next week there is going to be an auction out in rural Kansas.  At this
austion there will be (among other things) a 1951 Willys Jeep and a
1969 Benz 280SL with both tops and only 24k miles.  I am strongly
considering going to look, maybe buy (yeah, right) one or both of these
vehicles.  I really like the MB, but have always had a fondness for old
Willys, too.

My question for the list is this:

Am I insane for even considering this, what might a good price be for
either or both of these, and how do I justify this to my wife?

OBC content.  I'll be driving my TR7 out to the auction if I can figure
out a way to pull this off.  The weather in Ks. hasn't been so bad yet
that I have had to put the car away, and may not ever get that bad.  I
hope.  I do actually have enough room in the garage for it, but I have to
climb out the back because the boxes are so close to the doors. ;^)

Any response will be appreciated, and I will edit out any names before
I show Pat how many other car nuts think this is a good idea.....

Thanks,

Arlie