Peerless Special & Register

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Peerless Special & Register
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1992 10:27:34 -0500
Todays comment about my Peerless reminds me of a couple of things-

1) There was an ad in Hemmings this summer for a tube-frame, TR4
   special, with a DeDion rear end. I, of course had to call, as it
   sounded familiar. I had him describe the framing, and was almost
   sure, and then when I got the pictures I knew. It wasn't a
   TR4. It was a Peerless Special. Built on a choped off Peerless square
   tube-frame chassis, complete with TR3 engine, and the odd wide
   radiator, and distinct rear end layout. It's (fairly ugly)
   coffin/treasure chest shaped aluminium body is fitted over round
   tubing, with no fenders, and with no nose the radiator makes
   quite a wind block.

   If it wern't on the other side of the country, I might have been
   interested, for unique-ness sake, or for parts. The car is/was in
   Berkley, CA, if anyone is interested I'll dig out the address/phone #.

2) I've got to get busy and contact Al Stryeski of the VTR about
   setting me as North American Peerless/Warwick Registrar for the VTR.

   If any of you meet or hear of anyone with a Peerless or Warwick,
   please try to get me their name/address/number, or give them mine!
   I know they're out there...
   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett              (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!