The Eternal Search

To: hoosier.cs.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: The Eternal Search
From: jeb@mtqua.att.com
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 92 16:18 EST
On the subject of Hillman spares, Roger Garnett posts:

> Looking for parts is part of the fun! :-o

This is absolutely true!  I have several old cars, of both
British and US origin.  People always ask, "But don't you
have trouble getting parts for that old heap?"  My answer
is "No, you can pretty much always get the parts you need,
you just can't get them *tomorrow*."

If you don't sort of enjoy the hunt for parts, you won't be
happy restoring old cars.  Searching the magazines and news
paper ads, phoning people up, hunting through the swap meets,
this network, just shooting the breeze.  I've enjoyed it all.
And when you finally locate the part, you feel like you've
really accomplished something.

Jim Beckman    att!mtqua!jeb      A-H 100, 1955