Jensen Interceptor info, anyone?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jensen Interceptor info, anyone?
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1992 18:09:30 CDT
I just got off the phone with my uncle in England (the one with the Alvis
collection, remember?). He and the family are fine, thanks for asking, and
he's got some questions for the readership here.

A business customer is offering in partial payment a 1973 Jensen Interceptor,
and he's considering whether to accept the deal, theory being that he can
turn around and sell it. He tells me that it's got a 7.2L Chrysler V-8 engine
and has 55,000 miles, thought to be accurate. The car is apparently quite
nice, being driven just enough to keep it in running order. The current owner
has only advertised it in the local free paper, not noted as a hotbed of
collector car readership. :-) Our UK readers will be interested to know that
it also carries vanity license plates, though I don't know what they say and
we're not sure if the owner wants to part with those also.

So we have several issues here:

1) Should he accept the car?

2) The trade value they were discussing was in the area of 5000-6000 pounds,
subject to comments heard here. The British pound is worth $1.62 in today's
paper. ($8100-$9720, though British price ranges are not the same as U.S.)
Sound like a fair value?

3) What features and/or bugs should he be aware of?

4) Does anyone here want to buy it? Currently the car is still in the hands
of the original owner, so if you're seriously interested, Email me and I'll
track down this guy's name and address.

Any and all help gratefully accepted!

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473