Weekend LBC sightings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend LBC sightings
From: paulg@cme.nist.gov (Paul Gilders)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 92 10:07:43 EDT
Just thought I'd let you know of my continued magnetism for finding British
(Sports)Cars. This weekend I went camping with some friends to Assateague
Island (I think I may have misspelled that). The MGB gave me no problems
at all, but was rather overshadowed on arrival by the presence of 10
Rolls Royce's and one rather impressive Bentley. I haven't seen vehicles
like these for a long time - most of them being 1930's and 1950's models.
Anyway, I was particularly interested in two of the cars - the first
one being the late 1920's Speed Six Bentley - truly beautiful condition
with a bonnet up to my chin - stunning piece of engineering. The second
interest was a 30's RR with a really wierd body. I think it was intended
for hunting, with a flimsey cloth top and no side screens (or rear screens)
at the rear end and a hard-covered front two seat cabin - this arrangement
makes me think it would fall into the "shooting brake" catagory, but it
seemed more like a safari vehicle. At first I thought that it was an
unfinished restoration, with the rear body still requiring completion, but
on closer inspection it was just the special body. Does anyone know exactly
what a shooting brake really is and whether this vehicle would fall into
this catagory?

Paul.