Re:

To: droms@sol.cs.bucknell.edu, crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil
Subject: Re:
From: Kendall Robinson <kendallr@smtplink.chey.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 92 10:28:19 EST
   Date: Fri, 9 Oct 92 09:59:57 EDT
   From: Clay Robinson <crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil>

       I hope the above gives insight into car auction here in east.
   It was held in Strasburg, PA.  Usually lots of foreign investors
   present, particularly from England, but this year I could not tell.

No kidding!  My parents live in Strasburg, but they didn't mention it
to me.  My dad usually passes that sort of information along, as he
sympathizes with my attraction to LBCs - he introduced me to LBCs as I
was growing up with an MG Magnette, a TR4 and an MG 1100.

Was this auction connected with the Gast (sp?) Museum?  I stopped in

          I believe it's Ganst.  When I was living in the area about a
          year ago, this was one of my favorite places to frequent
          (along with the railroad museum).

          You're right, they did quite often have some very expensive
          British sports cars (TRs, MGs) for sale out front.

          Interesting cars inside include a very early MG Midget
          (canvas bodied-boat tailed) and a historically significant
          MGB Limited Edition (I forget what the historical
          significance is).  The Midget was brought into the country
          by Henry Ford's son, and I think the B was presented to one
          of the current Fords.

          There's also a Tucker in the collection.  Pretty Neat.

          Kendall