Re: violated cars

To: woodruff@engin.umich.edu
Subject: Re: violated cars
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 92 14:46:33 pdt
> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 92 16:57:00 -0400
> From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: violated cars
>

>       I read the message about a violated TR6.  You know someone took
> my walnut gearshift knob too.  I can't figure it out.  I've long thought
> there was some mysterious spitfire owner who is taking all the nice parts
> off my car and putting them on his.

About a year after I got my snake someone made off with its gearshift
knob.  Cost me all of $1.75 for a replacement at a local Ford
dealership.  I think this sort of thing falls more into the realm of
vandalism than thievery because the cost is trivial compared to the
inconvenience and irritation, and that's probably the intent.

Roland