smokin', man

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: smokin', man
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 92 14:51:17 pdt
While I was getting a bit of shopping and running around done this
weekend I happen to pull up next to a nicely restored mid '60s Ford
Fairlane station wagon with a 289 V8.  While I was admiring the
workmanship I noticed lots of oily blue smoke belching out the the
exhausts.  Made my day.

The rubber rack-and-pinion steering boots (gaiter kit) I ordered from
TRF finally arrived.  They're slightly different from the ones on
m'snake but look like they will fit.  One thing about this kit I don't
care for is the chintzy set of plastic cable ties that are supposed to
secure the boots to the steering linkage.  I'm going to stick with the
clamps that are on the old boots.  Interestingly, I spotted a set of
"universal" rack-and-pinion steering boots at a local auto parts store
last Saturday.  They looked like they would fit too.

Roland