British Invasion, Stowe Vt. Sept 18-20

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British Invasion, Stowe Vt. Sept 18-20
From: fernald@rocket.sanders.com (Nancy Fernald)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 11:48:31 EDT

Hi Everybody!

I just joined this mailing a couple of weeks ago and have really enjoyed
it thus far. I belong to a small club called British Cars of New Hampshire
(BCNH). About 14 couples from our club went to British Invasion this year.
The weather was gorgeous, as Bob Lang mentioned, and everybody had a terrific
time.

I also have mixed feelings about the presence of kit cars. I really don't
think they should be competeing against the real LBC's. The cobra kit car
that was there took first place in its class. I believe the Mini Marcos
took second. That put one of our members into third place with his Scimitar.
(I believe he took second last year). On a more positive note, one of our
other members took first place with his Spitfire. all in all, not too bad for
a small club!

I also noticed the Triumph Mayflower. Does anybody know anything about this
car? I had never heard of it before.

BTW, I have a 1966 MG Midget, a 1973 TR6 (project car - close but I've never
had it on the road - it's now for sale). My boyfriend also had a Midget and
a Mini (which he sold last year).

Cheers!
            Nancy M. Fernald