Mazda 121

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mazda 121
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 09:18:55 EDT
I just got back from a vacation during which I spent some time
in Vienna.  The street was littered with brand new Mazda 121s, which
have got to be the cutest 4-door cars produced today.  If Miss Marple
had to sell her Morris Minor and buy new wheels, this is what
she'd get.  There is a hard-top version, but there is also one with
a sort-of-convertible top that makes the car resemble a rounded
sardine can.  Has anyone else seen these?  I'd actually like to
gray-market one in, if the costs wouldn't come too close to the
price of the car; it's clearly an economy auto, which is probably
why we haven't seen them stateside (not in keeping with the upscale
Mazda image).  The motor is a 1.3l four.

                Regards,
                Tim