Re: FBCs

To: ERIC@chip.cba.ufl.edu (Eric Olson)
Subject: Re: FBCs
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 9:12:13 CDT
> So... what I really need is a FBC (FAST British Car)...
> I'm sure that something must fit the bill, and that one of you knows
> what!

You don't mention how much you want to spend, but TR8 roadsters can be
had for less than $10K.  Sunbeam Tigers are $20K and up.  I don't know
what the prices are for the V8 TVRs, but I'm sure it's $$$$.

If you can live without a V8, Healey 3000s can be found in the $15K
range.  You can still get a good TR6 for $6K.  Other fairly
inexpensive 6-cylinder choices are MGC and GT6.  You could always get
a 6- or 12-cylinder Jag E-type, but it'll cost ya.

In the 4-cylinder range, Lotus and Jensen-Healey come to mind first.
Of course, you can also throw your money at your Spitfire engine, or
swap in a GT6 engine.

"How fast can you afford to go?"

--
T.J. Higgins | tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com | Intergraph Mapping | Huntsville, AL
"Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having