PA brit car meet, 1st time for me.

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: PA brit car meet, 1st time for me.
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 12:28:46 PDT
Preparation for the Palo Alto meet (or I just want to get my GT6 running so I
can stop drivin this damn P*nto:

It started last weekend with a Spit master cylinder conversion in mind and one
of my rear brake linings disintegrating.  Got the old shoes re-lined and
attempted to rebuild the wheel cylinders.  No go, wrong kit.  Move to master
cylinder.  Cut up front brake line since the front fiiting is larger than the
rear, on the spit both are the same.  Pieced togethor the line and installed
the master cylinder.  Out of time.  Continued last tuesday night, got the rear
brakes together and all four bled.  Good pedal but pushed hard to make sure
there's no leaks.  The rear fitting on the MC is dripping.  Tighten some and
the fitting just turns and turns. $$!!!**&&@@###!!.  Give up for the night
thinking the MC was stripped.

Pulled the line two days later, the line fitting is stripped only, WHEW!!,
'cause the origional is standard and the MC is metric.  Get some new line, make
up a new line Saturday, get the rears bled, nice solid pedal.  I still need to
change the oil, do a tune up and clean the little beastie up with hopes of
taking a test ride to Dick's party.  I also had to re-rivet the rear wing
window which was almost falling out.  Got the tune up and oil change done and
call the hardware store to see if they have the odd size 5/32" rivets.  Bozo at
the store sez yes and they're open til 5.  Take a break and eat somthing, get
to the hardware store at 4:55, nope they don't have the right size rivets, Had
to make do with some sheet metal screws.  Clean up the car and the driveway, by
that time it's 9 pm.  So much for dick's party.  Stayed up 'til 2 am.  Need to
get up at 7 am so we can meet Daren and gang for B'fast.

Stay tuned for part 2: Maiden voyage to the meet.....

Mike G.