Parts Car

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Parts Car
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1992 7:42:28 EDT
 This goes out in particular to Jag owners but to everyone in general.  I have
 a pair of Jag MKIIs.  One has a solid frame, the other does not.  A jack
 begins to go into the unibody suspension rails :-(  This car is therefore a
 donor car.  My question is, what should it donate?  I would like to reclaim
 some extra space in the garage but do not know what pieces to pull off of
 this second car.  Suggestions?  I am thinking that the interior should all
 come out, dash, wood, seats, and all.  The glass, doors, bonnet and boot lids
 are also candidates.  The bumpers are already off.  I further assume that one
 can never have too many 3.8 litre Jag straight 6s lying in the garage.  The
 transmission would also go.  The parts I wonder about are the suspension and
 rear end.  Is the gas tank worth pulling?  The frozen brake calipers?
 Anything else?  The reason for this is that my wife keeps mentioning that an
 MGB GT would make a nice everyday car for her.  Since this is her idea, I
 would hate to stiffle her expression, even if it is at my greasy and bloody
 knuckle expense ;-)
 This may not be of net interest so please respond directly to me.  If others
 want the info, I can summarize as needed.
 MAD