Land Rover Defender 110 feedback?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Land Rover Defender 110 feedback?
From: leefi@microsoft.com
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 92 17:44:20 PDT
[I'm new to this digest, sorry if this has been covered recently.]

I've got a 1969 Land Rover IIA. I like it fine, except for its
electrical system... I was thinking about getting one of the
new 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 (US model), and was hoping for any
feedback from folks on this digest which have had experience with
new model Land Rover 110s. The only negative thing I've heard about
it is that its noisy, and there are insulation systems available.
Is there anything else to worry about? How do they rate against
other modern 4WD vehicles, like Jeep Cherokees, Toyota Land Cruisers,
etc? Thanks for any tips.
__
Lee Fisher, (not a spokesperson for) Microsoft Corp., Redmond, WA, USA
leefi@microsoft.com, {uunet,uw-beaver,sun,sco,decvax}!microsoft!leefi
c=us;admd=mci;prmd=msft;o=smtp;dda=rfc-822=leefi, +1.206.936.8621