Temperature compensator

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Temperature compensator
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 92 09:30:21 PDT
I finally found a reference in my Bentley about the proper setup for the
CDSE-175's temperature compensator unit.

Under the TC fuel setup diagnostics on page 218:

    Symptom: Poor idle quality
    Cause:   Temperature compensator faulty.
    Action:  With engine and carburettor cold, check that compensator
             cone is seated, and free to move off seat.  If any doubt
             exists, replace unit with new assembly.

I'm still working on my rebuilt carbs.  The car's running and I've driven
it over the mountain pass from SV to SJ for steam cleaning (wow does that
make a difference), but it's idling very erratically.

Next step: vacuum testing...

--ian