freeze plug leaking

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: freeze plug leaking
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 92 13:14:33 -0400
        A quick question.  I started my rebuilt spit 1500 engine
and it runs well except ...  One of the freeze plugs leaks.  I have
never had this happen before.  I called the machine shop that did
the work and they said it was very unusual.  They want me to bring
it in and they are going to replace it.  The problem is that it is
leaking badly enough that the engine might overheat.  Has anyone
ever had this problem? I don't want to dump sealer chemicals in
a freshly cleaned block.
        By the way, heim joint = tie rod end for those who aren't
familiar with the lingo.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu