Brake Servo for MGA?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Brake Servo for MGA?
From: neilson@mprgate.mpr.ca (Robert Neilson)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 92 12:05:17 PDT
Hi there. In my last message I think I mentioned that I was about to start
putting in my brake lines. Well, I was mapping out how to route things last
night and I got to thinking (which is a bad thing to do because it invariably
costs me more money!) ... "this sure would be a good time to fit a remote
servo unit to the system".

So this morning I made a couple of calls and I have been told that there is a
Volvo unit which will work quite nicely. Unfortunately the guy who told me
about it would not give out part numbers or anything because he wants me to
buy from him ... he says $400. Huh!

My plan is to run a line from the master cyl to a servo unit ... maybe mounted
back where the second battery used to be (didn't someone mention this before?).

My questions are:

 - is it OK to run the brake lines this far (and then all the way up front
   again)

 - would there be a problem in relocating the "little 1 into 4 junction" to
   the rear of the car? This would save tubing ... maybe!

 - could anyone suggest a servo unit which may fit my needs?

 - is there anything else I should consider (it's a MGA 1500 with stock master
   cyl and drum brakes up front)

Any suggestions/info would be great before I start trying to explain to a Volvo
dealer " ... well I don't really have a Volvo, but what I need is ... ".

Thanks,
Rob

Robert J. Neilson                Voice:    (604) 293-5414
MPR Teltech Ltd.                 FAX:      (604) 293-5787
8999 Nelson Way,                 Internet: neilson@mprgate.mpr.ca
Burnaby, BC, Canada, V5A 4B5               uunet!ubc-cs!mprgate!neilson